If you are casually dating, then you need to get creative with your dating ideas. Summer is the season that we typically feel the need to be more adventurous. Whether you’re in love or just using a local hookup app trying to get to know someone new, Summer brings adventures. Bust out your most comfortable shorts and your sun hat because I’ve got some summer dating ideas that will fill the warm days with fun and adventure.
Top Summer Dating Ideas To Try This Year
Here’s a rundown of some great summer dating ideas for you to test out over the next couple of months.
1. Outdoor bar – Do some Summer slugging by tossing back a few cold ones at the local outdoor bar. There’s nothing wrong with drinking in moderation and this is something that almost every girl I know enjoys.
2. Get a taste of other cultures – Every city has a section with a high concentration of certain ethnicities like Chinatown or Koreatown. Witness the customs of other cultures, taste their food, and enjoy an immersive and interesting experience that is never boring.
3. Rent bikes on the beach – Most beach cities have a place where you can rent bikes and ride together along the beach, through town, or on bike trails. This is an opportunity to explore the area, get some exercise, and talk. Plus, you can jump in the water and cool off afterward.
4. Go horseback riding – This is a wonderful warm weather activity, but you shouldn’t do it in the sweltering heat, especially if you’re a beginner. You could get overheated. Early morning riding through gorgeous scenery and a brisk summer breeze is exhilarating.
5. Go paddle boarding – This is a beach activity that anyone can do. All you need is a paddle board and a beach. Paddle out together and see who can ride the waves the longest. This is another activity where you can have a blast and get exercise at the same time.
6. Outdoor drive-in movie – It seems like there are more of these popping up every year and, the more that pop up, the more choices you have for a movie. Watch Night of the Living Dead in a cemetery or Jaws in a giant pool. Check your local listings for interesting outdoor movie screenings in your area.
7. Dine on a rooftop – Most cities feature rooftop dining. Many rooftop restaurants are a bit on the expensive side but offer a breathtaking view. If you’re on a budget, you can experience rooftop dining by having a picnic on the roof of a business building or apartment complex.
8. Go for a drive – A scenic route is never too far away. Take a drive on a long stretch of highway or go to an event a few towns over and enjoy each other’s company with the wind in your hair.
9. Go camping – Going as a couple is a romantic adventure and plenty of alone time to enjoy each other’s company. Camping with friends is fun as well with plenty of alone time in your tent.
10. Waterpark – Get wet and stay cool at your local water park and have fun like you were a youngster again. Just don’t get your phone wet or your mobile dating will have to take a back seat in the interim as you get your phone fixed.
11. Go to a baseball game – If you live in a major city, then I definitely suggest hitting a baseball game. I”ve been able to impress local dates on many occasions by taking them to an MLB baseball game. Sure, it’s a bit on the pricey side but well worth the extra cost for the ticket and beers.
Those eleven dating tips should be enough to get you through the summer. Give one or two a try at a minimum and see what happens there.